Time and date Lagos, Nigeria

Monday, July 5, 2010

Made it!

I have made it here safely. Have been busy from dusk til dawn from the minute we landed! And haven't had internet access until today. I am truly amazed and humbled by the sites I have seen. I am so blessed to have this opportunity.

Travel: Well, we had a 4 hr layover in ATL before heading over. I got a much needed back and neck massage in the airport! WOO HOO! 12 hours on the plane in the inside seat. Ugh. It's nice to have a window seat to lay my head on, but try not getting up to go to the bathroom (because everyone in my aisle is sleeping!) for 12 hrs. They served us dinner shortly after boarding which was like 1:30 am. WT???? Then, they had pizza shortly before we landed (3:30pm Nigeria time, 10:30am EST) I was all screwed up on time and couldn't eat either time! SO, needless to say when it took 2 hrs to get from the airport to the guest house I was kind of a wreck!!

Traffic: O-M-G! Can you say chaos? Everyone drives wherever they want. You just honk your horn and go! A lot of people have motorcycles/motorbikes because you can weave in and out of traffic. There are NO stop lights! No order whatsoever. It's actually kind of comical to hear some of the women in my group freak out when our driver pulls in front of someone. Traffic jams are an issue day and night.......

Accomodations: Better than I expected. We are staying in a big house just off campus. There are 4 women to a room and 2 rooms share a bathroom. That's 8 women to one bathroom.

Gotta sign off until tomorrow and will pick up there!

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear that you made it safely Cindy. Traffic conditions remind me of India, I was freaked out when I went back for a short visit. :D

    I hope you have a lot of fun over there and keep updating us!!

    ReplyDelete