Time and date Lagos, Nigeria

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday thoughts

Well, one more day of work, then we get ready to come home Thursday night (Nigerian time). Time has flown...... The medical clinic has gotten more and more busy. Yesterday we saw a record number of patients for the clinic. Lots of variety. I also got to observe a rep from a medical supply company trying to sell the clinic a TENS unit. Their technology is so far behind what I use on a daily basis. I got to meet and talk with a Nigerian physical therapist who is one of the reps.

Our water pump at the guest house is not functioning correctly, so we have no water. We may have to get water from another source and bucket bathe tonight---ugh. Also a problem with flushing the toilet. 8 women sharing a bathroom and you can't flush..... Again, UGH.

I have received several gifts of gratitude. I am coming home with 4 beaded bracelets and 3 pairs of earrings, all handmade thus far. I am so grateful because they are really things I would wear. I have made many new friends in the last 2 weeks and will be bittersweet to leave. I hope I will have the opportunity to come again next summer. I am looking into sponsoring a seminary student for their studies. That way when I come back I will have a personal bond with someone and can spend time with them and their family. One of our new friends had a baby 2 nights ago. Hopefully we will see the baby tomorrow.

A couple of us were interviewed today for the local paper. It was interesting because the first question after my credentials was, "Are you a Christian? When did you dedicate your life to Christ?" You won't find that in the Gainesville Sun! HAHA!

Tonight we are taking the seminary bus to a community in Lagos, rolling down a white screen and projecting The Passion of The Christ for the people to watch. Should be interesting. Just a little worried about the mosquitos.

Ok, hopefully I will get a chance to sign off tomorrow, then the long flight home.....

1 comment:

  1. Seems you had a great trip. :D
    Followed every post of yours and now can't wait for the pictures.

    Lets meet up when you are back for the first hand storytelling. :)

    ReplyDelete